About Caroline Apovian, M.D.
For over twenty-five years, Dr. Apovian has held a position at the forefront of the weight-management and nutrition field. One of the world’s premier weight-loss experts, she has distinguished herself as a leading researcher, treatment provider, teacher, and New York Times bestselling author.
Dr. Apovian serves as:
- Director of the Nutrition and Weight Management Center, Boston Medical Center
- Professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine
- Vice President of The Obesity Society
Her federal government positions include:
- Nutrition consultant to NASA
- Appointed member of the federal government’s panel on the evaluation and treatment of overweight adults
She is also the recipient of major grants, ranging from the National Institutes of Health to the Atkins Foundation and has received awards including:
- The Physician Nutrition Specialist Award for her work with advancing nutrition education among doctors and medical students
Dr. Apovian has published papers, reviews and book chapters on nutrition, obesity and nutrition support and serves as a manuscript reviewer for:
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Journal of Women’s health
- International Journal of Obesity
- Obesity Research
- Digestive and Liver Disease
- Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Dr. Apovian’s unparalleled accomplishments and tireless efforts in helping her patients have earned her well-justified recognition in the field of dieting, health and nutrition.